Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: UI changes for exchange

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 18:33 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 14:25 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > I'm strongly against context sensitive main menus. They shouldn't hide
> > and show menu items depending on account.
>
> Radical idea: how about having "Folder" and "Email" top-level menus in
> the Mail component? (with corresponding "Addressbook" and "Contact" in
> the Addressbook component etc).  Then most of the context-sensitive
> thing could go here.

"Folder" and "Message" actually, but that doesn't make a place for
things that are sensitive to the context of account type or existence.
And, we should only disable menu items based on context, not remove
them. See my patch about the mailer menus. :) It totally re-arranges
the menus in the mailer. A couple of things were overlooked and don't
work in it, but overall, it's there.

-- dobey