Re: [evolution-patches] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Fix for builderrorin e-utils
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: spamfrommailing pvanhoof be
- Cc: ls listsmx ximian com, evolution-hackers lists ximian com, Evolution Patches <evolution-patches lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [evolution-patches] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Fix for builderrorin e-utils
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 16:18:36 +0530
On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:15 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 14:56 +0530, Not Zed wrote:
> Hmm, why does this not build?
> It is like that very speficially so that all of the profiling code can
> be completely removed from the compilation, rather than just calling a
> dummy function.
> Any fix should maintain this behaviour, so this one isn't suitable.
As a gcc 4.0 user the line in the c-file is giving me a syntax error. In
the c-file it isn't showing an incorrect syntax whatsoever.
Any chance of dumping the whole error here?
Wouldn't it then be better to wrap the entire function in the #ifdef-
#endif clause and wrap the line where the function is called with it
In which case the function isn't compiled if profiling isn't enabled. As
will the calls to that function also not be compiled.
This isn't acceptable. We plan to put in potentially hundreds of these calls, and wrapping every one in a #ifdef#endif is just not going to cut it!
] [Thread Prev