Re: [Evolution-hackers] new-mail-notify DBUS stuff
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: David Johnson <dj david-web co uk>
- Cc: evolution-hackers lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] new-mail-notify DBUS stuff
- Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:35:56 +0800
That should've been evolution-patches.
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 10:25 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Try having a look at the example applet posted to evolution-hackers, it is written in c, but handles the notification.
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 01:28 +0000, David Johnson wrote:
I'm trying to write a simple command-line app in Python to listen for
new mail notifications from Evolution.
I've read new-mail-notify.c and I mostly understand what's going on, but
I can't figure out Evolution's DBUS service name.
I've tried "org.gnome.evolution" and variations on that, but I keep
getting "no such service". Evolution is running and has the DBUS option
This is the script I'm working with:
Thanks in advance for any help,
] [Thread Prev