Re: [Evolution-hackers] string bugs and bugs with patch keyword in 2.3

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 16:07 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> looking forward to the release of 2.2, i notice how many translation
> issues that were targetted to 2.1 have been postponed again (sometimes
> for more than one release cycle).
> i thought of the idea if somewhere at the beginning of the 2.3.x
> development everybody would be "urged" to solve string translation bugs
> (perhaps one or two weeks after a call for easy patches by volunteers
> has been posted on the lists and on the blog at the beginning of 2.3
> development, so that the novell employees do not have to work out
> *every* of those shitty bugs).

Great minds think a like.  These tend to be one of those "maintenance"
tasks that can always be done later only to run out of time.  I was
actually thinking we might get someone across all the i18n bugs and
solve them at the beginning, this is a great opportunity for a volunteer
(it would be even better if it were a non-native english speaker because
its easier for them to see the problems usually).  I'm sure Rodney would
be happy to help make any string related decisions that might be
needed.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>