Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problems with camel

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:32 +0100, Søren Hansen wrote:
tir, 01 03 2005 kl. 08:49 +0800, skrev Not Zed:
> And that means actually subclassing it, you can't just create it and
> override the virtual methods manually.

Ok, this might be more of a GObject question, but why? I realize now
that I'm not *supposed* to instantiate it, but I don't understand that
it fails.
It has nothing to do with GObject.  It is unclear what failed, I presume it just crashed because you didn't build a concrete class.

Your iniialisation code is incorrect too, camel_type_init() isn't required.
How could I have found out myself that CamelSession is an abstract
class?
notzed lostzed:~/gnome2/head/evolution-data-server> head -2 camel/camel-session.h
/* -*- Mode: C; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: t; c-basic-offset: 8 -*- */
/* camel-session.h : Abstract class for an email session */

(probably one of the few files which has an accurate description)

Well, you must also remember camel is just an internal library, it has incomplete documentation for external use, and neither is the api guaranteed to be stable yet.