Re: [Evolution-hackers] The Junk folder & API

Hi guys,

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 09:00 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
> > Wait, so Evolution does not expose a more efficient API than brute force
> > mbox parsing?  Evolution presumably builds internal indices for
> > performance reasons, can't these just be exposed?

No.  We're using GMime for that.  Beagle maintains its own indexes
through Lucene.  We originally used Evo's internal index, but it wasn't
well suited for our needs.

> It has to parse the mailbox for its own indexing, i presume it is part
> of that, so it isn't an extra overhead as such.

Right.

> I always thought beagle was just looking at its private internal binary
> summary file anyway for things like flags.

We do that for IMAP.  We only parse the mbox file for local mail right
now.

(BTW, I committed code to parse the flags and set properties based on
these for the mbox parser today.)

Joe