[Evolution-hackers] Re: "Re: [Evolution] meeting editor grows too large"

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 13:32 -0400, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> Chenthil,
>
> Its true, that the attachment bar is big. But it in the mail composer,
> we put the idea of showing attachment bar, when attachments are added
> and hide when all attachments are removed. In the meeting dialog also,
> we can have the same idea, but there is no way for the user to know
> that he can attach file by seeing the dialog. In the mail composer, we
> have a attach button in the toolbar and also he can attach via the
> menu as well, to solve the issue.
>
> We have quite a few redundant entries in the dialog. I think we should
> re-design the entire dialog., to make it more useful.
Can we look at adding menu and tool bars to appointment editor too ? So
that most of the options can be shown once the user enables a setting
from the menu or tool bar, for example showing the options for Attendees
like "Rsvp", "Role" etc., since we don't often change them. And i think
having From and To in the event page will be good. We can think about
more changes such as these.

> I think we can reduce the size of the attachment bar as a work-around
> for solving the issue temporarily and think of redesigning the entire
> dialog to make it more usable and intuitive.
Yes, will reduce the size of the attachment bar for now.