Re: [Evolution-hackers] Python plugin interface?

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 10:15 +0200, Alessandro Decina wrote:
> I missed this post...

So easy to do on most lists ...

> On mer, 2005-05-25 at 16:44 +0530, Not Zed wrote:
> > For your enjoyment, i've just committed work which allows plugin
> drivers
> > to become plugins themselves.
> Great!
>
> > I've moved the mono extender to be a
> > plugin to demonstrate/test the idea, although i haven't tested it a
> lot.
> > See plugins/mono for an example.
> Perfect. I updated the python loader too. I also moved it
> [temporarily?] to
> plugins/python.

You may want to just build a separate project for it?  I'm not sure.
Depends on how much the plugin itself needs, vs the binding libraries to
use it and if they're one and the same or not.

Anyway I got busy over the last few days and worked on a binding
generator.  The guts is not backend specific, but i've only done a mono
backend - based on work i've poked at over the last year or so.

It works a bit like the gtk-sharp stuff with the interface defined by an
xml file.  But the interface information is defined by hand, and it only
does camel stuff, made-up accessor types and structures.

Some of the meta-data generated from that effort may be useful, or even
more if you dont mind writing some c code.  It is still in development
though, see http://blogs.gnome.org/nb.cgi/view/zucchi/2005/06/01/0 (and
the ebind-0.0.tar.gz file in src dir of the link in that entry).

Cheers,
 Michael