Re: [Evolution-hackers] After using Evolution/Connector for more than 5 months

Hi,

Bit of a shameless plug here, but...

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 04:51:16 +0300, regatta <regatta gmail com> wrote:
> 13- There is no way to Export/Import any emails from Outlook (many
> users don't migrate to Evolution for this problem).

I've worked on a library called WvMAPI that can help with this
problem, and hope to be coding up some EPlugins to demonstrate its
capabilities Real Soon Now (tm) (famous last words :) But seriously,
this is definitely one of my personal goals. It should be possible,
with WvMAPI, to just slurp an entire outlook.pst file into evolution
(mail, contacts, calendar, everything). I imagine such a tool would be
pretty useful. I also want to automagically parse stupid winmail.dat
attachments with WvMAPI.

If you want to take a look at WvMAPI, you can get it under LGPL at
http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?ExchangeItEvolution (not the most obvious
place, I know). It's currently an internal dependency of the
ExchangeItEvolution project, so download the evolution-exchangeit
tarball, and look for the wvmapi subdirectory.

Have fun,

Peter