Re: [Evolution-hackers] Sending mails using disabled accounts

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 14:34 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 09:54 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 09:42 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
[...]
> > > Example: My gnome e-mail address isn't a real e-mail address with a
> > > mailbox attached. It gets delivered to another E-mail address which I
> > > also use. Yet, I'd like to send using my gnome e-mail address in the
> > > From header.
> >

> > May I suggest a "This account is used for sending only" option, then?
> Hm... Interesting proposition i should say :).

I also use the "enabled" checkbox to mean "This is an empty account,
which only consists of an email address which I use to send email from".
It's very useful in many ways -- you can select the address from the
dropdown menu in the compose window, to have different "personalities"
with a single email account.  Evolution automatically filters that
address out in a reply-to-all, and as a bonus, selects the appropriate
reply-to: and from: headers as well as the .sig for the particular
"personality" the email was sent to.

Please do not kill this extremely useful functionality..

FWIW, t-bird added the ability to have multiple personalities in a
single email account (i.e. different .signatures, reply-to: and from:
headers, etc...) to solve this exact problem, as t-bird didn't have any
way to specify a "disabled" account, like evo does.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>