[Evolution-hackers] new to Evo dev. How to run my build?

Hello everyone.
I am new to Linux and Gnome development (experienced
on OS/2, Win, DOS & OS390).
I had an idea to add a feature to the Calendar: to
allow the counting of recurring events, so my calendar
would say "Joe's 21st Birthday" (and adjust over the
years, obviously).
I downloaded the sources for Evolution 2.2.1.1, and
built it in my own ~/MyEvolution.
When I run the executable, I get a message window
"Evolution cannot start. Your system configuration
does not match your Evolution configuration."

How do I resolve this?

TIA

Bill

Yahoo! Mail