[Evolution-hackers] UI changes for exchange

Hi,

There has been strong user feedback that having an exchange component to perform all exchange specific operations is not very intuitive and not very user friendly. Favourite folder handling is especially very difficult to apprehend. Here are some suggestions to make this user interface a bit easier for exchange.

The requirements can be summarised as :
1. Users should be able to perform exchange specific operations [ viz., Change exchange password, subscribe/unsubscribe folders, Folder Size, Out of office, Delegation, folder permissions, add to favourites ] from any evolution component seamlessly. 2. There should be an easy way for the user to view all the public folders and mark/unmark them as favourites.

Solutions :
1. For the exchange specific operations, we would have menu items in all components. We can have an account specific menu item, which would be present only when a particular account type is enabled. This menu item would have a list of sub-items which would actually be the tasks. [ Guess, there is already some thought on these lines ? ] 2. Favourite folder management can be done as “subscribe to folders” is currently handled. User sees the list of public folders there and can check/uncheck them to mark/unmark them as favourite folders. This would be another menu item.

Please let me know your suggestions for these. We could take these as requirements for the new menu layout work being done.

Thanks
--Sarfraaz