Re: [Evolution-hackers] Performance with Exchange 2003

Bare with me for improper intending, wish I could use something other than groupwise client to communicate.

Amish K. Munshi
Consultant
Onward Novell Software ( I ) Pvt. Ltd.
Ph + 91 22 2834 2244
Fx + 91 22 2831 1277
amunshi novell com
Novell Inc., the leading provider of Net business solutions. Onward Novell Software (I) Ltd. is the Joint Venture Company between Onward Group and Novell Inc.
www.novell.com

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:33 +0200, Anders Näslund wrote:
> I have about 1600 messages in my Exchange 2003 inbox with a flow of
> 20-30 new per day.
> Takes about 5 sec to load.
> Since the Exchange connector relay's heavily on the OWA mechanism and
> by that http/https....have You checked that Your name resolution is
> working ok?

I am using IP address.

> Is the server in the same network as You are or are You connecting
> over the Internet?

I am in the same network. ping takes 0.3 ms. bandwidth is close to 5-6 MBPS.

> How is performance if You connect using Your browser?

Performance using broswer is good.  I am actually wondering if my settings are wrong somewhere, since ximian-connector-setup says that I need some additional features on the server. Do you have any clue where can I find that iis-lockdown.html document.

Evolution has a bug in the search bar where all messages will be
searched for a null string, if the text entry field is empty.  This
absolutely kills performance, because among other things it prevents any
incremental rendering of the message list (every single header of every
message will be checked before displaying anything at all).

I posted a fix last week, see the archives.

Thanks for the patch. Will definately help. I wish I can also code and do something more useful for evolution.
Currently I am working on major customers who are willing to migrate away from Windows, but I need to sort out a few issues for them. Evolution-Exchange just being one of them.

Amish.