[Evolution-hackers] Evolution Error message box popups

Hello,

I'm new to this list, so I apologize if this isn't the correct venue.

I use Evolution 2.2.2 under Debian 3.1 and I've long been annoyed with
the Evolution Error message box popup windows that come up because a
hostname lookup has failed or POP login failed (Gmail POP seems to be
a little unreliable at times). Also, I often disconnect my laptop from
the network and keep Evolution open, which has the same effect. I have
Evolution check my email every 1 minute, so the frequency of these
popups can be quite high sometimes.

What I'd like to see, and this is just a suggestion, is a way to
disable all error message boxes in the Preferences dialog. I was
considering building Evolution from CVS and submitting a patch to do
this, but then I read that I should post here first before undertaking
any GUI changes.

Is this a possibility? Is there something I can change in a
configuration file somewhere? Am I blind to something already in the
Preferences dialog?

Thanks,
Donn

--