[Evolution-hackers] Going about the solution for the bug 272964 [calendar]

Hi,
   The reason for the hang (may also cause inresponsiveness) is that
when the source selection is changed from the appointment editor we
create a new client and open a client in a synchronous manner. If the
server takes some time to respond during authentication, evolution would
be inresponsive during that time.

This bug can occur in two cases
1) When server does not respond (or may take some time to respond)
during authentication in the e_cal_open call.
2) When EDS does not respond (or responds after some time) to e_cal_open
call.

Have sorted out some solutions for this problem

Solution 1: Opening of the calendar in async manner (e_cal_open_async).
For the time the client is loading, disable the appointment editor
except for the Cancel button. And in the "prompt for saving changes"
dialog disabling the Save Changes button. Enable the GUI once the client
is loaded. We can possibly show the loading status in the status bar.

Solution 2: Sharing the loaded clients between the editor and the model.
Disabling the menu option in the e-source-option-menu (in appointment
editor) for the clients which are not loaded. Here we should be handling
cases when the client is in BUSY state.

Any comments or other better solutions to fix this problem would be
appreciated.

thanks, chenthill.