[Evolution-hackers] calendar backend woes

I'm making pretty good progress on the weather calendar backend, but I'm
running into some really strange behavior. It looks like the backend is
being opened, then a single query is being made:
(has-alarms-in-range? (make-time "20040926T100157Z") (make-time
"20040927T060000Z"))

This is all that occurs, which seems awfully strange to me. I would
expect that in a week view, it would either make queries for more than
one day, or do a full get_object_list, etc.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

-David