Re: [Evolution-hackers] libedataserverui

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 23:10 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 16:27 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:04 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:

> > Slightly OT, I would love more control over Evolution though --
> > specifically the ability to bring up the contact editor for a specific
> > contact would be very useful.

> yes, the calendar/task editors might also be a nice addition, so that
> the clock-applet can use them to open the selected events/tasks. It
> might be a lot of work though, since they are so integrated with the
> rest of the calendar GUI code.

FWIW, the contact editor shouldn't be hard to move at all, but we'd need
e-error and possibly a few (small) utilities in libedataserverui. Also,
the API needs review, but that's not hard either, as it currently has
exactly one exported function.

And, I think we will have to do this anyway - forcing other parts of the
desktop to copy our editor code or write their own isn't acceptable.

It might be useful to write read-only "display" widgets for
contacts/appointments too. They could display the information in a
non-editable, but much more compact, form.

--
Hans Petter