Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Evolution string-freeze breakage

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 00:07 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> tor 2004-10-07 klockan 11.50 skrev Danilo Šegan:
> > Hi Jeffrey,
> >
> > I don't remember this change being discussed and approved either.
> > Perhaps I'm wrong (and I deeply apologize if I am).
> >
> > Concerning messages:
> >
> > #: camel/camel-service.c:914
> > #, c-format
> > msgid "Host lookup failed: %s: %s"
> >
> > #: camel/camel-service.c:1044
> > #, c-format
> > msgid "Name lookup failed: %s"
> >
> > With this cvs log entry:
> >
> > 2004-10-05  Jeffrey Stedfast  <fejj novell com>
> >
> > 	* camel-service.c (camel_getaddrinfo): Check msg->result for error
> > 	and set an exception if appropriate.
> > 	(camel_getnameinfo): Same.
> >
> > 2004-10-04  Jeffrey Stedfast  <fejj novell com>
> >
> > 	* camel-service.c (camel_getaddrinfo): Add a non-const cast for
> > 	hints when changing the ai_family member in the IPv6-disabled
> > 	case. Fixes bug #67028.
> >
> > And here's the change:
> >  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution/camel/camel-service.c?only_with_tag=gnome-2-8&r2=1.90.14.3&r1=1.90.14.2
>
> I don't remember these strings being approved for gnome-2-8 either.
> Can somebody explain why they need to go in, or if not, could they
> please be reverted?

They were put in so that the user would see an error dialog with
detailed information if the host or name lookup failed when connecting
to an email server.  Sorry about that.

The other problems discussed earlier this week have been solved btw.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.