Re: [Evolution-hackers] online/offline in e-d-s

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 02:30 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 06:28 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

> > IIRC, we talked the other day about having a new notification from the
> > backends to the clients (notify_needs_authentication, or notify_error
> > with a specific error code that marks the NEEDS_AUTHENTICATION part),
> > and so have the client re-call the _open method. How does that sound?
> > any other idea you have came to?
> Isn't that what it does already?  Its a pity it can't ask for a password based on key.

not the calendar backends, they get the username/password in the _open
call. And the password is obtained on the client part :(
Hmm, but don't you know you need it from a failed open?

> The current scheme assumes a single password and that you don't need
> more to ask for related resources.
>
> But then again, the current api's have lots of problems, i'm surprised
> you guys have ever made it work.

well, the problem here is there is no way for the backend to ask for
authentication. But that's not difficult to fix.

Any other thing in the API you find broken?

The synchronously async stuff mainly.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"I'm stuck in a reality I can't imagine could be real."