[Evolution-hackers] source colors

Hi,

Are the colors for sources intended to be used for foreground or background? It seems that in evolution they are used for both. The source list uses it as a foreground color and the actual events/tasks use it as a background color.

I think it is a bit problematic to use them for both. For most people, light colors tend to work well for the background (when not using an inverse video theme) but not so well for the foreground.

I suppose much of this depends on what the theme foreground and background are already set to. Should we do something like compute the average value of the theme [back/fore]ground and if it is less/darker than 50% gray then use the inverse of the source color for the [fore/back]ground? For example, if the theme color and source color are both #000000 then use #ffffff for the source.

I'm trying to figure out what to use for the clock applet.

Thanks,
Jon