[Evolution-hackers] posting to folders

Hmm, currently our posting/moving to folder api revolves around opening the folder and appending to it.

This maps to NNTP fairly badly.  Basically if you do a cross post it essentially gets done as individual posts to each group which isn't really how news should do it.

I wonder if we should have a store:append method which takes a folder name (list) and a message.  Even IMAP's APPEND function works without a selected folder, so our api forces fairly low-performance (not that it is a particularly commonly used thing).

A fallback implementation could just open the folder and call folder:append since theres no reason for that interface to go away.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.