Re: [Evolution-hackers] OT: Groupwise calendar SOAP interface?

Sorry, I never keep track of which version has the right version of the
software.
Do you have a gwpoa.xml file where your gwpoa executable is (usually
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/")?
You need to edit the gwpoa.xml file and enable loading of the
services.
Look for the xml comment lines "<!--" and "-->" and delete them.
Restart the POA.
You should be able to login.
I haven't checked in a week or so, but the calendar stuff is not ready
for prime time yet.
We hope to get the documentation out soon on how to use the protocol.
Preston

Preston Stephenson
http://www.novell.com

>>> Steve Hunt <steveh runtime-collective com> 5/14/2004 6:06:09 AM

Hi,
Sorry for posting this here, but does anyone know which versions
 of GroupWise have a stable SOAP interface for working with
 Evolution? Not had much joy on the GroupWise support forums so
 far.

I'm running the Beta 3a of GroupWise for Linux on SuSE 8.2, and
 everything seems to be working solidly with the cross-platform
 client, web client and internet protocols (inc. getting mail via
 IMAP in Evolution).
However when Evolution tries to get the calendar information from
 the server it kills all of the POA server processes on the system
 (reporting an authentication failure).
I'm running Evolution 1.5.7 from Debian experimental, but it's not
 an Evolution issue, as I can crash the process by netcat-ing the
 following to port 7181 of the POA

POST /soap HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: loginRequest

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance";><SOAP-ENV:Body
xmlns:types="http://schemas.novell.com/2003/10/NCSP/types.xsd";
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle=""><loginRequest><types:auth
xsi:type="types:PlainText"><types:username>myusername</types:username><types:password>mypassword</types:password></types:auth></loginRequest></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

 irrespective of whether the user account exists or the password is
 correct - just don't know if I've done somethind daft on the setup
 of GroupWise or if it's flakiness on the part of the POA binaries
 I'm using.
Either way just finding out which configurations definitely work
 would really help (or pointing me to a different list for that
 matter ;)

Thanks anyway,
 Steve