Re: [Evolution-hackers] Incorrect GPG handling

You can ignore my last mail. KMail worked fine the regular way.

But I have done further investigation and have found the difference in use of
GPG. This is probably the reason for the error.

The following is tested with Thunderbird an Evolution but goes for several
other clients too.

The mail seems to be formatted in almost the same way. However, when i save
the GPG encrypted blocks to decrypt them by commandline i get this:

* for a mail send by evolution
--gpg output
	gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 51B9BF6E, created 2004-05-11
 	    my name etc
--decrypted message

	--=-U65lbm6++U+r75iGceBc

	TEST

	--=-U65lbm6++U+r75iGceBc

	--=-U65lbm6++U+r75iGceBc--

* for a mail send by evolution
--gpg output
	gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID F5FDF3CE, created 2004-05-03
     		sender's name etc
	gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 51B9BF6E, created 2004-05-11
 		my name etc
	gpg: Signature made Wed May 12 10:56:50 2004 CEST using DSA key ID 1C44307A
	gpg: Good signature from "sender's name etc

--decrypted message

	test

Conclusion:
Evolution does not 'encrypt and sign' the message but 'encrpyts the signed
message'.
Is it possible to create a fix to make Evolution compatible with both ways of
use?

Kind regards