Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution's editors

Hi Christine,

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 13:35 -0500, Christine McLellan wrote:

> I'm not quite following what the Attendees/Show Schedules tab will
> look like .... any chance of mockup?

Certainly! So the idea is this -- currently, when you are using the
meeting editor, you have to pick whether you want to view the "Meeting"
tab, or the "Scheduling" tab. (Since they are both tabs of the same
notebook, you can't possibly view both at the same time.)

The problem this causes is that if you want to check someone's free/busy
time while you are adding them as an attendee, you have to switch back
and forth between those two tabs. (While you *can* add attendees on the
scheduling tab, the size of that attendees list makes it prohibitively
hard to read/provide all the information associated with an attendee. In
practice, using the scheduling page to add attendees is less than
practical.)

In my design, the "Scheduling" tab because its own window, which is
launched by pressing the "Show schedules" button. This window may be
viewed alongside the attendees page, making it possible for the user to
see significantly more data at once.

Does that make sense?

I made a mockup of this window, and it is viewable here:
http:/primates.ximian.com/~anna/editors/sched.png

Thanks for your comments!
Anna