Re: [Evolution-hackers] source selector behavior

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 15:40, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that when the text description of a source in the source
> selector is clicked the source is selected and toggled.
>
> This has the negative side effect of toggling sources when a right click
> is used.  A right click usually only brings up the context menu.
>
> So an inactive source will be activated when a user wants to view
> properties, delete, copy, etc.
>
> Another problem is that selected sources can't be toggled.  This is
> related to the first problem.
>
> Basically, the issue is decoupling toggled-state and selection-state in
> Calendar and Tasks and retaining the coupling in Mail and Contacts.
>
> Is this reasonable?

Yes, this is reasonable and was in fact considered at implementation
time.  It was discarded due to lack of time (when we were pushing for
gnome 2.6). The behaviour we want is that if you have a calendar
"highlighted" but not "checked" then operations such as creating a new
event should automatically "check" the calendar so you can see what you
just added (apple's iCal does this).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>