Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: lockdown keys

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 06:34, Not Zed wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there isn't any such way to do this.
>
> I tried the .gconf.path stuff with a read-only mirror of the mailer
> stuff, but everything is still read-write.  I even tried chmod, but that
> didn't work (and is too coarse anyway).

Try shutting down gconf with gconftool --shutdown (apps won't care,
they'll just restart it).  When I was playing with default/mandatory key
values (gconf-editor lets you set a key as default if you can write to
the files now) I found I had to restart gconfd as it wasn't monitoring
read only sources, or something.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./