[Evolution-hackers] Help: I screwed up my Evolution-1.4.5

O.K. This is my fault. While playing around with another application I
have inadvertently screwed up something with my evolution.

When I start /usr/bin/evolution from the command line (on a RedHat 9
box) I get a message in the terminal "(Killing old version of
Wombat...)
and then a small window pops up with "Error: Cannot access the Ximian
Evolution shell."

I'm on as root in KDE.

I imagine that this should be a simple fix for some of you.

Thanks,

JOB