[Evolution-hackers] Re: SyncML

Sorry for this not being a proper reply, I'm only subscribed to the
digest on this list.  I just wanted to check in w.r.t. SyncML.  There's
already some SyncML support in MultiSync, http://multisync.sf.net/.  I
assume they've made at least some investigation into the legal p.o.v.

I'd caution against any expectation of implementing it in a reasonable
timeframe.  The spec is a bear and there are various interoperability
issues with other implementations too (for instance, my Sony Ericsson
P800 is quite capable of sending none well formed XML as part of a
SyncML payload.)

In order for people to write custom importers it seems much more easy
just to expose an API for them.

-- Edd