Re: [Evolution-hackers] Making "memos" in Evolution

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 17:44 -0500, David Krider wrote:
> Ok. So, I'm home sick with strep throat, and I want to start hacking on
> Evolution. For a long time, I've wanted memos that can sync with a Palm
> device, like what's available in Outlook. I have two questions:
>
> 1) It seems like this should have been done by now. Is there a good
> reason why it hasn't? I mean, is this currently a practically impossible
> task? Surely this has been discussed before. Where would I need to
> start?

no, it's not an impossible task, in fact it is now much more easier to
add new components to evolution than it was before. We haven't done it
mainly because there were other important things to do with the
resources we had :)

> 2) I installed the src rpm under SuSE 9.1, but it won't even build out
> of the box before I start hacking on it. It fails like so:
>
> In file included from /opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:30,
>                  from /opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
>                  from e-list.h:18,
>                  from e-account-list.h:23,
>                  from e-account-list.c:24:
> /opt/gnome/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:41: error: syntax error before
> "typedef"

hmm, seems you've got something broken in your GNOME installation. Not
sure why. What does line 41 in gtypes.h looks like?

cheers