[Evolution-hackers] How to tell the difference between an evo bug and a metacity one?

When I go to add an address by right clicking on an email address and
then selecting "Add to Addressbook" from the popup menu, the next
dialog, "Add address" is showing up in random positions all over the
screen.

mail/em-util.c, circa line 560, has

	win = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
	gtk_window_set_title((GtkWindow *)win, _("Add address"));
	gtk_window_set_transient_for((GtkWindow *)win, ((GtkWindow *)parent));
	gtk_window_set_position((GtkWindow *)win, GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT);
	gtk_window_set_type_hint((GtkWindow *)win, GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG);

Clearly POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT is there, but the dialog is ending up far
bottom left, bottom right, etc. Very strange.

I *do* have two monitors, and hence metacity built with xinerama
support. I suppose the problem with the window placement could be there,
but I'm not enough of a wizard to diagnose that.

If anyone cares, could you pass this on to the right person?

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/