Re: [Evolution-hackers] [BOUNTY] Bug 127526 - Patch

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 08:19, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:47:43AM -0300, Andres de Barbara wrote:
> > A new boolean gconf key should be created
> > "/apps/evolution/mail/promts/not_question_default_mailer", if the
> > question will be show to the user , if is TRUE the user will not be see.
> > (somewhere in the evolution configuration we need a way to change this
> > key, suggestions?).
>
> Why not add a "Don't ask me this again" checkbox to the question dialog.
> That seems to be a fairly standard approach to such things.

This a weak approach to solving a problem.  Pushing a "Don't ask me
again" checkbox back to the user may be common place, but it is not
usable.

In the case of 'first application use', there is a druid that asks the
user to import email and contacts.  This same druid should ask if Evo
will be the preferred mail app.

I fail to see why Evo should annoy the user about an unset key when the
user must have knowingly started the app.  The empty key in not Evo's
problem.  The Preferred Applications panel governs the default mailer,
and it must prompt the user will a list of available email clients when
on isn't set.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.