Re: [Evolution-hackers] build evolution fails on libxml2

Thanks JP. Uninstalling automake-1.8 solved that problem. It
looks like jhbuild has been modified to use automake-1.8.1
instead of 1.8 and that has fixed the problem also.
Interestingly, simply not installing automake-1.8 didn't work
for me. It required installing and then uninstalling to get past
the automake problems.

The problem I'm currently up against is getting it to build
against GnuTLS. jhbuild's bootstrap doesn't include support for
gnutls, and so after installing libgpg-error, libgcrypt,
libtasn1, opencdk, and gnutls by hand, the compilation of
libsoup fails on the error that:

soup-gnutls.c: In function `verify_certificate':
soup-gnutls.c:61: error: `GNUTLS_CERT_CORRUPTED' undeclared
(first use in this function)

Now while the Changelog for gnutls-1.0.4 (the latest stable) and
gnutls-1.1.5 (the latest dev) says:

        Added in CertificateStatus:
                GNUTLS_CERT_CORRUPTED (replaces GNUTLS_CERT_INVALID)

the source code for gnutls adimantly disagrees as all references to
GNUTLS_CERT_INVALID remain and GNUTLS_CERT_CORRUPTED is not used
anywhere.

I notice that most people refer to garnome as the build system
for testing evolution on this list. Is that the preffered build
system over jhbuild? If so, it would be nice if the build
instructions at http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/build.shtml
referred to garnome.

cya
.sig