Re: [Evolution-hackers] special calendar backends

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 23:11, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>
> > I think it could just be a [ ] Birthday Calendar on the personal
> > calendar list, that is not visible (no checkmark) by default. But it
> > would be there so people see why it is nice to fill in the birthday
> > field on contacts.. Of course if you delete it, how to get it back? Hmm.
>
> yes, that (and making sure it is added by default) is the core of the
> problem.
> and also, with the current infrastructure, we'd need a seprate calendar
> category as well (i.e. we'd have Local/Personal, Local/Business,
> Local/..., Remote/Source1, Remote/Source2,..., Birthdays/Birthdays(???)

You mean on the filesystem? Whatever is on the disk doesnt necessarily
need to be organized the same way as the folder list on the UI, if that
helps any.

The users do not and should not go there. I am sorry though that I
cannot help with the implementation part :/

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>