Re: [Evolution-hackers] message templates

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 19:39 +0800, Trent Lloyd wrote:

> Hi GUys,
>
> Been looking at the bounty for message templates and I wouldn't mind
> some clarification / opinions on how it should be handled.
>
> It doesnt seem to specific as what to do, for example should the
> template be just simply pre-stored text thats inserted

template is a template message stored in templates folder, it only
differs from normal message by having patterns replaced on open time

> and you then
> edit, or some kidn of dialog that pops up and you fill in some pre-set
> fields.

no dialogs will be necessary, patterns will be replaced with available
info - current date/time (${Time},${Date},${Day},...), addressbook/
account info (${Me}), message info (${Sender}, ${Subject}) and possibly
more. There should be easy way to add new patterns to the code.

cheers
Radek