Re: [Evolution-hackers] threading not always correct

if that happens, you can be 99.99999999...% sure that it is a bug in the
client that sent that mail (or, the user didn't really perform a reply*
operation).

The reason those messages are not grouped with the other messages of the
"same thread" is because they lack In-Reply-To and/or References headers
(or those headers are incorrect/malformed/etc)

Jeff