Re: [Evolution-hackers] saving and inline attachments

it saves in the charset specified by the mime part's Content-Type header

Jeff

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 03:08 +0100, Slobo wrote:
Hello there,

I have received a mail two days ago and had some trouble with it. It was
message written in evo 1.4.4 with cp1251 encodings and with utf-8 coded
attachment (.po file) in it. Used evo-1.4.5.

Three problems:

1. At the same time, can't see properly message text and attachment
showned inlined. Always one part is shown wrong (depending on choosen
encodings somewhere in menus)

2. Tried to save attachment. After that command file returns:
ssl localhost ssl $ file pot-bug.po
pot-bug.po: ISO-8859 English text

My question is in what encoding it is saved? Failed in using recode or
iconv.

If this is a bug (that bothers me much) may I fill enhancement bug
report asking to implement "Save As" dialog where user can select
encoding as done in gedit for example. (don't know widget name, sorry
but hope this is descriptive enough).

3. Copy/Paste from evo to Gedit produced some unreadable text.

---

Tried evo-1.5.2. Problems one and two remained. Copy/paste works.

Do you need sample message for this? ;)
Please +cc.

Thank you,
Slobodan Sredojevic