[Evolution-hackers] Somebody experiences with Cygwin?! Error message with configure

Hi!
As you all know now, I am trying to port evolution on windows with
Cygwin.... Is somebody here who has experiences with Cygwin?

I tried running the ./configure --prefix=/usr and I receive this
result:

checking for alloca.h... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for purify... impure
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking system mail directory... /var/spool/mail, ???
checking for tm_gmtoff in struct tm... no
checking for timezone variable... no

where the configure script breaks then up...

for any help in advance, thank you