Re: [Evolution-hackers] bug #47549 is really a bug or not?

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 06:58, Charles Zhang wrote:
> Hello, everyone, I wonder if you can spare some time to this.
>
> During my analyzing to bug #47549, I found a question.
>
> First, I should post its description here.
>   =============================================
>    1.Invoke evolution
>    2.compose a new html mail(FIle->New->Mail Message)
>    3.select bullet list from format toolbar and input some text.
>    4.send mail say to yourself.
>    5.Open the received mail.
>    6.Observe that bullet appears as asterisk in the received mail
>  =============================================
> Follow these steps above, you'll get a mail in which the bullet
> appears as asterisk indeed.

Umm, I see no bug here -- Evolution is simply trying to make a bullet
list in ASCII, if you send it as plain text.  If you send it as html
mail, it gets sent as a multipart/alternative (text and html).  The
bullets are asterisks in the plain/text part, and are <li> html elements
in the html part.  I don't see the problem with this.  If you're
suggesting that a non-ascii character be used to represent the bullets
in ascii mail, I'd definitely think that'd be a *really* bad idea.

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>
   -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -