Re: [Evolution-hackers] [UI] attachment dropdown focus hijacking (mouse)

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 07:52, Calum Benson wrote:
> That would be *slightly* odd (but probably not abominably so); normally
> if you click on something focusable, it should get keyboard focus.

This is one of my pet peeves actually, I *hate* that when you click on
the toolbar it gets the keyboard focus.  You never want that; it's
annoying e.g. if you want to cut / paste some text, and you have to use
the mouse to bring the focus back where you want it.

So I think in some cases it's ok for widgets to not get the focus when
you click on them.

> Perhaps the widget should just pass any keypress except left arrow,
> right arrow or Space through to its parent?  (I haven't seen it in
> action, but I'm guessing those are the only three it would need: left
> and right to move focus between the show/hide button and menu button,
> and Space to activate whichever of the two had focus...)

Hmm maybe this would be a better fix, but I am not sure.  The user still
expects the vertical cursor keys to move the focus around...

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>