[Evolution-hackers] calendar status

Hi

Here's a report on the current status of the calendar code in the
new-ui-branch.

* it right now does not compile, since the e-meeting-list-view file from
HEAD is still using the old addressbook stuff. I've fixed a few things
so far, but not everything, so, Hans Peter, could you please have a look
at it?

* modifying existing events does not work yet, since the GUI gets a BUSY
error from the backend when calling get_object, and so thinks the object
does not exist, and calls create_object intead of modify_object. I am
tracking down the problem, to see why does that BUSY error gets out.
Although, I guess we should have the client code repeat the calls to the
backend while it gets the BUSY error.

* creating new calendars and initialization: I am working on this now,
so should be done soon (tomorrow probably).

* notifications for removals are not getting to the views. Probably a
missing g_signal_connect or something.

* recurrences: I've got lot of code done for this, but not finished yet,
since I have left it apart for a few days to fix all the new-ui-branch
problems. But I think once everything starts working correctly, I should
be done with the recurrence stuff in 2/3 days more.

Things fixed this week:

* fixed many crashers
* made the default calendar on the view change as the selection changes
in the source tree. That is, if you select a calendar on the source
selector, new items will be created in that calendar. We probably need
to make this more obvious, by having some icon/status text in the UI
display the default calendar. I'm not sure that's good though. Anna?
* now, menus and toolbars items are correctly enabled/disabled depending
on the status of the calendar the selected event belongs to. That is, if
you've got 3 calendars in the view and select an event belonging to a
read-only calendar, the menu items will be disabled approppriately.
* done more work on the one model per view stuff JP started.
* fixed date navigator query, which was not being started when adding
new calendars to the view.

cheers