Re: [Evolution-hackers] static components?

> When I try to enable ldap at buildtime libtool complains that I don't
> have a shared -lresolv (I don't).

Hm... why? Is that normal on OpenBSD? (Are you on an a.out system or
something?)

> This, in turn, causes a shared
> addressbook to NOT be built

That's weird. What version of libtool? (and if it's less than 1.4.3, can
you upgrade it?) It *should* just note the -lresolv dependency in
libevolution-addressbook.la (and then give you a link error at runtime
if the shell wasn't linked with -lresolv itself).

> So, can Evolution be run with static components?  If so, how?

In theory, it could, but there is not any support in the build system
for this. You'd need to tweak the Makefiles to link the components into
the shell, and then figure out what changes to the shlib component
initialization code needed to be made to get all the bonobo factories
registered properly in the single component.

-- Dan