[Evolution-hackers] GNOME_Evolution_Composer

Hi guys,
I just tested my implementation of sending email form an calendar alarm
via GNOME_Evolution_Composer ( implemented a new function in
Evolution-ShellComponent which returns the Composer, so it runs within a
shell component [mail]). This is under 1.4.4 since I implemented it
before my vacation and just found the time to test it, I will port it to
1.4.5 in the next few days.
2 questions:
1st.  I get
   Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell/NotReady:1.0'
if the shell is not running.
I do
shell = bonobo_activation_activate_from_id(GNOME_EVOLUTION_SHELL_OAFIID,
0, NULL, &ev);
anything wrong with that, btw the shell starts.
Otherwise it works fine, when the shell is running.

2nd.  There was some discussion that there will be a general solution in
2.0. Is that still true?

Thanks,
Ronald