Re: [Evolution-hackers] -Werror Proposal

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 04:01, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 09:51, Not Zed wrote:
> Just don't make it any default, I will never use it.

It would just be default in "maintainer" mode, not in the tarball.

Why not?  What reason is there to have warnings in evolution?
The main reason why not is it can totally wreck your train of thought whilst developing new or changed code.  e.g. you turn on a debug mode and rebuild only to find you have to fix pointless bugs like unused variables just to do some testing, etc.

I've had it on before but i can't use it, it completely destroys any productivity.

Michael