Re: [Evolution-hackers] mailto: (etc.) handling

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 16:44, Radek Doulik wrote:
> On Čt, 2003-11-20 at 12:56 -0500, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have put support in the 2.0 shell for handling URIs on the
> > command-line similar to what it did in 1.4.
> >
> > If the user specifies a URI (e.g. "mailto:ettore ximian com") on the
> > command line, the shell will invoke the handleURI() method on the
> > component after the first view has been created.
>
> I think it would be nice to bring just composer window and not evolution
> window with mail component. Is it doable with 2.0 changes?

Hmm not really, because the shell still needs to run in order to run the
mailer, and it doesn't know anything about the composers...  So if you
closed the composer the shell wouldn't know when to quit.

We *could* add more interfaces to handle that, but I don't think it
woudld be a wise idea at this point.

-- Ettore