[Evolution-hackers] How to pre-configure evolution profiles?

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate list, but here goes:

We have a custom rh linux CD that preconfigures most apps, ie: mozilla, proxy settings, etc...

Before 1.4 came out, I had a simple shell script that pre-configured the users evolution profile. All I did was pre-populate the ~/evolution/config.xmldb file.

Since 1.4 is now using something called gconf, I'm really at a loss on how to pre-configure this schemas. Any ideas?

It seems to use this directory: ~/.gconfd/apps/evolution
and part of ~/evolution/. I don't think config.xmldb is used anymore.

thanks

steve