[Evolution-hackers] i18 things

Hi,

I am now working on i18n issues of evolution.

There are several things I think we should do to improve the i18n performace of evolution.
First, c the patch for bug 40519. which make sure whenever we call iconv, there is a
charset(locale_charset for default), so a uniform manner is applied.

Secondly, display charset should be stored in gconf(for each folder(vfolder?)). Or,
when
we change the display charset,  functions like  process_header()/header_decode_string() will
not be affected(and it's not easy to pass the chosen charset to them), which may lead
bug 40521 . i.e. those multibyte subject/sender... which not following rfc2047, will not
be readable(But this happens very often)

Third, when we open evolution twice in different locale, the summary file will not be rebuilt.
 So, improperly converted subject/title will remain unreadable. One possibly runnable way is
to make summary in a "mbox.ev-summary.gb2312","mbox.ev-summary.en" way. But the final
solution is that we be ablet ot change the summary file when we change the charset of a mail
(c the next item) or of a folder.

Fouth, we should be able to madatorily change the charset of a single mail. so perhaps a UI
method will be introduces first(e.g. when we change the charset in the mail window, the mail's
charset will be changed, while we change in the folder view, folder charset will be affected).
Perhaps, to keep the wholesome of the summary file, a user-defined tag in the CamelMessageInfo
struture will be used to define the charset of a single mail.

I believe with these steps, the i18n problems now exist in evolution will be finally solved.  (By now,
I haven't touch gtkhtml, so for
bug 40520,  I don't know why). It really needs a lot of work,
so before I make any patches, I hope to receive your kind suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

Alex Jiang