Re: [Evolution-hackers] syncronizing with almost everything using multisync

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 07:10, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> hi!
>
> I just realized that there is a *very modular* tool called multisync
> with which it is also possible to sync evolution with all kinds of
> PDAs/phones (I successfully could sync a T68i via bluetooth with evo).
>
> Due to its modularity it might be worth adding support for its libraries
> directly from within evolution.

That's _very_ cute. Add a contact or appointment in Evo at the office,
after a few moments the phone beeps with the update. Go home and within
a few minutes of getting into the house, the phone beeps again because
it's updated my copy of Evo at home too. And yes, you can turn the
actual beeping off :)

Dunno how best it makes sense to merge into Evolution, if at all. Evo
already has pilot-link stuff; does pilot-link do _only_ Palm Pilots or
is it supposed to be able to talk to other random IrMC toys too?

I'd definitely like to see OBEX support in Evo though -- so you can beam
vcal/vcard objects over IrDA or Bluetooth, and receive them likewise.

--
dwmw2