From: Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>
To: Jeff Bartlett <grandmaster_jeff hotmail com>
CC: evolution-hackers lists ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Building Evolution from source
Date: 24 Jun 2003 14:37:14 -0400

Do you have gnome-libs installed?  If you're using package management,
you'll need gnome-libs-devel as well.  If you're not building everything
from scratch, it might do us some good to know what distro you're
running.

You've read the README in the root directory of the source tarball?
gnome-libs is only the first of a large number of build dependencies.
You might also want to consider something a bit more recent than 1.2.0;
the current version is 1.4.0.  Even if you're wedded to GNOME 1.4, you'd
be better off with Evolution 1.2.4.

-Mark Gordon