Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-1.4 method trace ...

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 17:59, Larry Ewing wrote:
> Doesn't gconf cache the values in the gconf client already?  I thought
> that was the whole point.

	No - gconf will only cache the value if you have done
gconf_client_add_dir[1] - so it can synchronize the cache against the
daemon so you get the right value (naturally).

	So - whatever happens, it makes life lots more efficient if you use
gconf_client_add_dir right. Whether you need the separate EConfig thing
I know not - if it's role is caching I suspect not; if it's role is
providing the missing API for structured data storage that Gconf doesn't
then: perhaps.

	HTH,

		Michael.

[1] - gconf/gconf-client.c (get) ~:1224
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot