Re: [Evolution-hackers] about setting socks proxy for evolution

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 02:59, Antonio Xu wrote:
> Hello All
>           Now, I want to load email  with evolution 1.4 from the pop
> server, which was  out of our firewall. Who know how I can set socks
> proxy for pop in evolution 1.4?

Evolution doesn't support SOCKS for anything other than http. We might
accept patches to make it use the GNOME SOCKS proxy setting, but that
seems like it would break most other people, since having your POP
server be outside the firewall is a pretty weird case.

-- Dan